NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Error only when using Operator Interface

My testStand sequence runs correctly when I run it from the seqEditor, but when I run it from our Operator Interface (modified version of the simpleOI example), I get the following error,

"Error Message: Parameter 'Input Files':  System Level Exception. [Error Code: -17502]

Input Files is a parameter of the LabView vi being called, and is an array of strings.  The VI executes correctly even when called fromthe OI, but when it returns to TestStand (when called from the OI) the error occurs. 

Thanks for any info and help on this.  Also any info on why the simpleOI would cause an error would be appreciated too.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,940 Views)

Hi,

This VI that error's, is it part of the simpleOI or part of the Sequence File being run by the simpleOI?

If it is in a Sequence File, does this run in the default OI?

What does the simpleIO do with the data contained in Input Files?

What version's of TestStand and LabVIEW are you running.

What sort of modification have you done to the simpleOI example?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,936 Views)

Hi,

I have some problems with operator Interface either. My sequence file runs perfect with SEQUENCE EDITOR, but when i run with OI(operator Interface), the OI window closes itself suddenly without any warning message. And the test does not complete. Also this error occurs at any step of the sequence file, so that i dont why it happens.

İ am using TestStand 4.1, LabView 8.5 Runtime Engine. In the sequence file, i am calling Teststand and .NET adapters(for serial commumnication).

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,931 Views)

Hi,

Is this the default OI (ie one of the OI supplied with TestStand installation)?

When does this happen,

a) when the OI launches

b) when the sequence files is loaded

c) when the sequences runs

d) someother event

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,925 Views)

I am not sure if its default OI or not. I didn't install it. But the version is 4.0

And the error occurs when the sequence file is running, and mostly happens when its close to the end of the sequence file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,916 Views)

Hi Ray,

Here are some answers to your questions.

This VI that error's, is it part of the simpleOI or part of the Sequence File being run by the simpleOI?

---- The VI is part of a sequence file that is called by the OI.

If it is in a Sequence File, does this run in the default OI?

----  No, it's part of a new set of test sequences for our equipment.

What does the simpleIO do with the data contained in Input Files?

---- The data is just passed to another VI to load our input vectors.

What version's of TestStand and LabVIEW are you running.

----  I believe it's LV 8.5.1 and TestStand 4.0

What sort of modification have you done to the simpleOI example?

----  I think we only added our new sequences, a Operator info popup, and a few more buttons (Pass/Fail light, Change Op Info).  And we removed some unused code to make it more simple.

Thanks again for your help.

Billy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,909 Views)

FYI,

The problem appears to be some error when copying a TestStand Step.  The solution was to enter in a new Step and reenter the parameter values from the failing step.  I have no idea why this only happened when running with the Operator Interface and not with TestStand directly.  The same solution also fixed a memoryManager.cpp error.

The clue that I should have saw before, was the error happened after the VI completed successfully and returned to TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,869 Views)

Hi,

It sounds like you are not releasing a handle in your Operator Interface. Maybe one of the changes you made to the SimpleOI either you haven't closed an ActiveX Handle or in deleting something you have deleted too much.

Have you / can you try the unmodified SimpleOI or use the Default OI?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,856 Views)

Hi Ray,

Are you answering the other problem from OZGE.  I don't see how releasing a handle relates to reentering a TestStand step bug.  Thanks.

Billy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,836 Views)

Hi Billy,

I was answering yours. That's the problem with others high-jack someones post with a similar but not the same topic.

Did you have both the SimpleIO and the SeqEditor running at the same time?

Regards

Ray

Hi OZGE,

I would suggest you start you own post, put a link in it to this post.

Regards

Ray

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 05-29-2009 06:40 AM
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,825 Views)