NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Debug Deployment License Question

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a bit confused by the NI licenses and need some guidance...

I have a PC that I use at a contract manufacturer which is set up to run LABView and Teststand
applications.

This was running quite well until recently, I updated this PC and am getting the following TestStand Backup License
screen whenever I launch TestStand on this PC:

teststand license-1.jpg

When I attempt to activate this product on-line, I get the following screen:

teststand license-2.jpg

On this PC, I did not have the development system loaded but I did purchase and had installed on this PC, a copy

of the TestStand Base Deployment Engine. I am not sure  what the debug deployment environment is or how

it got on this PC.

If these are the same package , where do I find the  serial number for the TestStand Base Deployment Engine on my

2013 Developer Suite CDs?

If these are not the same, how can I remove this backup reminder now so that I can ensure that I can still run TestStand

applications on this PC (as I need to return it to a remote site before the 5 days)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,980 Views)

This issue was caused by a performing critical NI updates...

Where do I find the serial number for the TestStand deployment License?

Is this a seperate CD than the delopment CD set?

If anyone know the answer to this, Please advise as I need to get this restored ASAP

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,960 Views)

Is there a way to see which NI products are licensed on this PC and also a way to

verify that the teststand deploy license is installed.

Alsois there a way to deactivate the teststand debug license?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,947 Views)

Go to NI License Manager on that machine.

Under local licenses expand the TestStand tab.  You should see 4 different licenses.  Green means it is activated for that computer.  You can right click on one of the licenses and then click the Deactivate button.

Go to Help>>Contents and look that the page titled The NI License Manager Environment to understand what each of the squares mean.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 9
(4,944 Views)

Thanks...

The NI License manager states that the deployment license was activated for another computer but it was only activated

for this PC. How do I fix this?

Thanks again

base deployment.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,941 Views)

I meant that the base deployment is shown to be activated for another PC.

Also, in order to remove the debug deployment and the development system (which is not activated on this PC),

how do I remove these from the list show on my previous post?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,939 Views)

You should just be able to delete the license files as well.  Here is KB on it: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6BF2C6CF85611A7B86257107005DEEFA

There is no way to remove them from the list without uninstalling them.  Once the TestStand engine is installed on a PC all 4 licenses will show in license manager.  It's just a matter of which one is activated at that time. 

If you want a deployment license you need to purchase it seperately from the development license from NI.  They run around $500.  They will give you the serial number when you purchase it.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 7 of 9
(4,930 Views)

If you want a deployment license you need to purchase it seperately from the development license from NI.  They run around $500.  They will give you the serial number when you purchase it.

I did purchase one deployment license (seperate from the deployment license and it was around $500) and it was on this PC only.

This PC was fine until I performed the critical update and now I am trying to get this PC back to the way it was before the update as

it worked OK without license problems then...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robojeff

Just delete the license files as per the link I mentioned earlier.  Then you should be able to activate correctly again.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 9 of 9
(4,914 Views)