From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Database Viewer

Recently, one of our test engineers returned from one of our contract manufacturers.  Before he left I asked him to bring back the datalog files.  To my surprise the files were all .mdb or database files.  My hope was columnar data.  Is there a way to convert the .mdb files into .dat or .txt files?  I work exclusively in Excel to crunch data.  My tools are all in Excel.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,763 Views)

Hi Tony,

I have not tested this, but within TestStand go to the Tools menu and look for "Database Viewer."  I believe within this utility you can open your .mdb file by going to File>>Open.  After your file is open, you should be able to go to File>>Export Document which will give you options to export the data to a different file type such as .txt or .csv (even xls or xlsx).

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,713 Views)
You can open the Microsoft Access MDB database file directly in Excel.

Specifically, In Excel click on the “Open“ button. Select to find any file in the file types. Locate the .mdb file on your hard drive. Select the file. In the prompt, select the table from the database you want to add to Excel and double-click it. Select how you want to import the data in your workbook (typically, the “Table“ option is selected). Click on the “OK“ button.
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,697 Views)