NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Setting adapter

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I change the Adapter type in the Step Settings for all of my sequence calls from the "NONE" to "CVI" type.

I have a large number of sequences and don't want to change each one individually.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,686 Views)

The easiest way to do it is to select all the none adapter steps and then in the Step Settings window under General change the Adapter to CVI.  You should be able to select multiple steps.  TestStand follows the Windows rules for using Ctl and Shift to individually select or select a block.

The other option is to write a utility using the API which will update them all.  It wouldn't be too hard but this is most likely a one time thing and it will be easier just to select all the steps simultaneously.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,682 Views)

I wish it was that easy.  I am using a customer supplied program that created the sequence files, but each test is a separate sequence in the sequence file.  So each test is listed as a sequence in the sequence pane.  I am not able to change multiple steps by selecting muliple sequences.  The attached screenshot might help.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,659 Views)

Check out this example.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,649 Views)

Sorry, I am using TestStand 4.2, your seq is from a newer version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jswan

Try this one.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,643 Views)

BTW- it only changes steps in the Main Step Groups of all the sequences.   You'll have to modify the code to include all step groups.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,642 Views)

Works very nice.  I have 96 different sequence files to run this on, with over 1200 test steps.  This will save a lot of time.  Only thing is, the seq file has to be open in order for it to change the adapter type.

Thanks for the help and the quick replies.

John

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,639 Views)