cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Count always zero?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Report generation sequence file, like reportgen_txt.seq shipped with TestStand, has step called "add step count". In my understanding it comes from model, like sequential model.seq, but I have always seen it to be zero.

I was interpretating this parameter in report would tell how many steps a test took in total, because my test execution may take different number of steps. Is my assumption correct that this parameter would tell total number of steps executed, including all step executed e.g. in a while loop ?

br

petri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Petri

Hi Petri,

Your understanding is right. "Add Step Count" step in AddReportHeader sequence adds the total number of steps executed in the test execution.

This parameter in the report will be 0 if you have disabled "Include Step Results" in Report Options dialog for the corresponding report plugin.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahana

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,326 Views)

Thanks Sahana your reply.

That seems to be true in my machine when I have selected report generator option DLL. But when I have selected sequence option, which I want to use because I have a custom reporter to excel sheet, the step count remains zero. I'm not sure if something has happened with sequences, they are pretty old originally coming from TestStand 3.x. Anybody help to try this ?

Sequence file attached.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,311 Views)

Petri,

I executed the attached sequence in TestStand 2010 and  generated ASCII Text report using "Sequence" Option in Report Options dialog. In AddReportHeader sequence, total number of steps was not zero.

Consider sharing the configuration file C:/ProgramData/National Instruments/TestStand 2010/Cfg/TestStandModelReportOptions.ini so that I can further look into the issue.

Regards,

Sahana

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,282 Views)