NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set UUT Result = Terminate or Error

Solved!
Go to solution

How do you force the over UUT result to "Terminated" or "Errored"?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,316 Views)

Hi testdesigner,

Could you elaborate on what you mean by terminated and errored? Are you asking how to terminate an execution?

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 8
(3,277 Views)

Please explain the background of that request. TestStand should not alter the test result by forcing a specific "outcome".

Also note that "error" has a very specific meaning for TestStand: The test system itself encounters an issue and is not able to proceed with a normal test run with an evaluation of the DUT.

Errors are induced in case Step.Result.Error.Occurred turns true for the active step.

Terminated is a result of termination of the execution by e.g. Runstate.Execution.Terminate().

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 3 of 8
(3,264 Views)

I have a step that checks if there is an error with test equipment.  If I find a fault, I want the test sequence to stop and run the cleanup but the key here is I want the overall UUT Result = ERROR or TERMINATE.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,259 Views)

If I terminate the sequence it will not run the main sequence cleanup steps.  That is my issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,256 Views)

You seem to mixup abort and terminate. Terminate WILL execute all steps in cleanup stepgroups while abort skips even those...

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 8
(3,254 Views)

Norbert B,

Do you know the terminate step statement to terminate the test sequence that will still run the cleanup?

Also, while you mention abort, what is the step statement to do that as well?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author testdesign

You should not use abort (unless in specific corner cases)!

Anyhow, similar to terminate: Runstate.Execution.Abort()

Norbert
Message 8 of 8
(3,245 Views)