From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Custom Command Line Arguments When Running Sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to be able to run a sequence file and have it accept a custom command line argument. For example I would like to run "TestSequence.seq" with the string "2710" as an argument to the sequence file (when I run via command line), which will be saved in a sequence local and used as an input to one of my VIs in the sequence file. Can anybody help me with this?

I have tried to capture the command line argument with the ActiveX module using RunState.Engine.GetInternalOption(InternalOption_ApplicationManager) & property CommandLineArguments

but I get an error popup saying the argument is not recognized. 

image.png

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jkerrigan12

I think you can only do this inside of a UI that you have the source code for.  See this: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsuiref/reftopics/applicationmgr_processusercomm...

Since you don't have the source code for the sequence editor you cannot trigger that event and therefore cannot suppress the error.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,513 Views)

Ok, I will incorporate this into my own teststand GUI.

Although it would be nice to have this option from the shipping version of teststand!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,483 Views)