From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically create multiple limits test using CVI Adaptor

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,

I'm using a CVI Adaptor as a multiple limits test step type.  The module called sets the no of tests, limits and data source and that all works as expected.  The next step would be to add the limits (set in Step.Results.Measurement[measNo].Limits.Hi etc) and change the name associated with each Measurement in the Measurement container.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to access the flags of these values to ensure they are set AsLimit and IncludeInReport.  I've seen some LV examples but can't find a CVI example.

Any pointers?

Many Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,609 Views)

Hi Steve,

You should be able to access the limits like normal through the Result.Measurement[x].Limits container, but you'll have to get at the underlying PropertyObject to set the name of the Measurement.

Something like this in CVI:

int InsertTest(CAObjHandle *Step, const char *name, long limitLow, long limitHigh)
{
	CAObjHandle mMeasurements;
	CAObjHandle mMeasurement;
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetPropertyObject (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement", 0, &mMeasurements));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyInsertElements (mMeasurements, &errorInfo, 0, 1, 0));

//Set the name of the underlying PropertyObject of the measurement
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetPropertyObject (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0]", 0, &mMeasurement));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetProperty (mMeasurement, &errorInfo, TS_PropertyName, CAVT_CSTRING, name));	

//Set Comparison mode
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetValString (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0].Comp", 0, "GELE"));

//Set Limits
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetValNumber (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0].Limits.High", 0, limitHigh ));			 
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetValNumber (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0].Limits.Low", 0, limitLow ));

Error:
		CA_DiscardObjHandle (mMeasurement);
CA_DiscardObjHandle (mMeasurements); return error; }

Edit:you'll have to use the TS_PropertySetFlags function to set the appropriate flags

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Trent,

Thanks for that, it worked as far as getting the measurement name in the report but I still can't get the upper and lower limits and the measurement type into the report.  I've assumed it's the Flag settings so I use TS_PropertySetFlags on the Step object with the search string as "Result.Measurement[0].Limits.High".  This doesn't work, however.  Here is a snippet (it's in a loop):

sprintf (cMeasLookUpString,"Step.Result.Measurement[%i].Limits.Low",iInsMeasLoop);
  TS_PropertySetValNumber (sequenceContext, &errInfo, cMeasLookUpString, 0,dLowerLimit[iInsMeasLoop]);
   TS_PropertyGetPropertyObject (sequenceContext, &errInfo,cMeasLookUpString, 0,&hMeasObject);
    TS_PropertySetFlags(hMeasObject,&errInfo,"",0,0x3000); 

Any further help would be awesome!  Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kellymidge10101

Try setting the flag on just the "Limits" container - it should apply recursively. Also, are you trying to set a combination of flags? If not, you should only need to set 0x1000 for the Limits container. Here's an updated version of my snippet that creates a test with limits visible in the report:

int InsertTest(CAObjHandle *Step, const char *name, long limitLow, long limitHigh)
{
	double mNumMeas = 0;
	CAObjHandle mMeasurements = 0;
	CAObjHandle mMeasurement = 0;
	CAObjHandle mNumericArray = 0;
	CAObjHandle mDataSourceArray = 0;

tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetPropertyObject (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement", 0, &mMeasurements));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyInsertElements (mMeasurements, &errorInfo, 0, 1, 0));

//Set the name of the underlying PropertyObject of the measurement
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetPropertyObject (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0]", 0, &mMeasurement));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetProperty (mMeasurement, &errorInfo, TS_PropertyName, CAVT_CSTRING, name));	

//Set Comparison mode
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetValString (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0].Comp", 0, "GELE"));

//Set Limits & isLimit flag
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetFlags(*Step, &errorInfo,"Result.Measurement[0].Limits",0,0x1000));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetValNumber (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0].Limits.High", 0, limitHigh ));			 
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetValNumber (*Step, &errorInfo, "Result.Measurement[0].Limits.Low", 0, limitLow ));

//Add to NumericArray and DataSourceArray
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetPropertyObject (*Step, &errorInfo, "NumericArray", 0, &mNumericArray));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetPropertyObject (*Step, &errorInfo, "DataSourceArray", 0, &mDataSourceArray));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyInsertElements (mNumericArray, &errorInfo, 0, 1, 0));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyInsertElements (mDataSourceArray, &errorInfo, 0, 1, 0));

//Add to ExpectedNumMeas
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertyGetValNumber (*Step, &errorInfo, "ExpectedNumMeas", 0, &mNumMeas));
	tsErrChk(TS_PropertySetValNumber (*Step, &errorInfo, "ExpectedNumMeas", 0, mNumMeas+1));

Error:
		CA_DiscardObjHandle (mMeasurements);
		CA_DiscardObjHandle (mMeasurement);
		CA_DiscardObjHandle (mNumericArray);
		CA_DiscardObjHandle (mDataSourceArray);
		return error;
}

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,549 Views)

Hi Trent,

That looks like what I need!  I've been busy elsewhere but I'll try that later today.....

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,517 Views)

Trent,

That worked like a charm,

many thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6