cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProcessModelPostStepFailure finding Parameters Step Type

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help. I am creating a custom process model based on the NI single pass sequential Model. I am currently working on a popup that is displayed in the 'ProcessModelPostStepFailure' callback. It will display to the operator the test results and allow them to select retest, ingore failure or quit. I have almost all the functionality i want however i would like to know what type of step has failed (action, numeric limit test ....) so i can display the results in a more meaningfull manner. Does anyone know how to get this property ideally from labview but if not a TestStand statement would be great.

I have attached a image that might better explain what i am after

Many Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,253 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D.Barr

You are better off doing it in TS and passing it to your VI.  You can use Parameters.Step.StepType.Name.  It won't evaluate correctly at edit time but it will work at run time.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(4,248 Views)

Thanks for the reply works great.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,211 Views)

As an alternative, you can access the step type programmatically from LabVIEW using the SequenceContext. I suppose the decision on how to do this may depend on how many other parameters you may also need to pass from TestStand to your code module.

StepType.png

Message 4 of 4
(4,203 Views)