Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preserving directory structure for a deployment

I have a structure to my development directory, with 3 subdirectories:

• sequences
  • VIs
  • subVIs.

Can I configure the deployment tool to preserve that structure in a deployment?

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,897 Views)

Hi stephenb2,

You can configure the deployment tool to place all included files in a custom hierarchy. I would recommend starting with the article below for a high-level look at deployment:

Deploying LabVIEW Code Modules with NI TestStand

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9923/en/

The low-level configuration is mostly done in the following menu:

Distributed Files Tab

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsref/infotopics/deploymentutility_distfilestab/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions about configuring the settings on the deployment menus.

Best,

Duncan W.

Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,863 Views)

Thanks Duncan. With TestExec.ini being refactored, does a different file need to be included in the workspace file? Can I add that file(s) to the workspace by selecting it from "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2017 (32-bit)\Cfg"?

For a descriptive list of configuration files and what they contain, refer to the Configuration Files section of the NI TestStand Help. If you intend to run your LabVIEW code modules using the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, you should typically include the TestExec.ini configuration file in your workspace file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,809 Views)

Hello Stephenb2,

I recommend including all of the cgf files that the TestExec.ini was refracted to, that way you are still carrying over the same information. And you can go ahead and add them to the workspace by selecting them from the TestStand directory.

Niki Budgell | Product Planner - SW Management | NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,795 Views)