From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel threads as Multiple Numeric Limit Test

It is not possible to evaluate a Multiple Numeric Limit Test when using new thread. Look at example Threads
I have made a workaround but it looks not like good code. Look at Threads Workaround

Is there a better way?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,556 Views)

Hey PR_Kim,

I've run this in Version 2016 SP1 and it works correctly. I'm about to test in 10 (as I see that's what you've used). When you say it doesn't allow it, what is happening exactly?

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,527 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I am using TestStand 2014 sp1.

When using Threads.seq it evaluates on the default value instead of the value returned in parameters. How can I evaluate on the returned parameter when calling a new thread?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,522 Views)

Hi,

That should have said 14, not 10. I'm going to do some testing with it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,511 Views)

Hey,

So the reason it isn't working in TS 2014 is that the output parameters for the steps aren't populated until the very end. This has been modified in the behaviour for 2016. Unfortunately there isn't an easy was around this, apart from the method you've already looked at. You'll need to save the values to another location and call them back when using the limit test.

You should notice that even though it fails the test and uses the default values, the step populates it's results with the values you've set in the statement step.

While the workaround you have may not look the cleanest, if you aren't going to be updating to 2016 it might be the option you'll need to use.

Thanks,

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,499 Views)

Good Morning,

Do you have ever performed the parallel execution of that different threads? Because in a serial execution I need at a certain step, to start 8 sequences at the same time (I think that this is like creating a fork), each one performing its actions.

Is it possible in TestStand? Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for the help!

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,419 Views)