NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Property Loader is Slow

Hi all,

I'm finding that the new property loader takes around 2-5 seconds to load a property compared to the old property loader which was almost 0 seconds. Has anyone else noticed this ? Or am I configuring it wrongly ?

Message 1 of 4
(2,296 Views)

I have also been experiencing this, seems VERY slow.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,072 Views)

Wondered if NI ever looked at this or resolved it? I'm using TS2018 and it is taking around 10 seconds. Not sure why as the limits file that we are using isn't that large (22kb).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,034 Views)

Hey,

So I opened a service request to determine why it was so slow. My application was loading from a DB and it would 3-4 seconds to load ~20 properties from the DB.

As of 7/9/19, I was informed that they were aware of this issue but this did not have a rescheduled resolution timeline. It sounds like the newer version of property loader has inefficient/extra validation that occurs.

They were kind enough to provide the location of the source code “C:\Program Files (x86)\National
Instruments\TestStand <Version>\Components\StepTypes\Database\TSDBComponents.cws”. From here you can try to modify some of the source code and improve validation performance…. Hope you enjoy ‘C’ 😊

At current date, I will not be modifying their source code (due to timeline constraints). But would like to know of any other work around.

Message 4 of 4
(2,031 Views)