NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need “zNI TestStand Database Options"

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently migrated from TestStand 2012 running on Windows 7 to TestStand 2016 SP1 running on Windows 10.  In TestStand 2012, I was able to make an ActiveX call to the Automation Server “zNI TestStand Database Options”.  In both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of TestStand 2016 SP1, “zNI TestStand Database Options” Automation Server is not an available option.  How do I add “zNI TestStand Database Options” to TestStand 2016 SP1, or is there a replacement Automation Server for TestStand 2016 SP1 that I should call instead?  Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,152 Views)

Did you get a solution for this? I am having a similar issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christine

Database Options is supported in TestStand 2016; it is just invoked differently. In TestStand 2012, I called Database Options with an ActiveX call. For TestStand 2016, I changed it to a .NET call and it works perfectly.

I figured that out by looking at this file as an example: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2016\Components\Models\ModelPlugins\NI_DatabaseLogger.seq

Message 3 of 4
(1,684 Views)

Thanks for your comment Christine!. I was able to run my customized model from TS2010. As you explained I copied the .NET calls from the "legacy" model that ships with TS2020. See attached.

Message 4 of 4
(1,666 Views)