From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple TestStand engine references when using multiple VIs with the TS operator interface

Hi

I am developing a TestStand Operator Interface based on the fully fledged TS-OI example shipped with LV/TS.

I am trying to dynamically load another VI which is supposed to show result graphs from the test currently running in the OI.

My problem is that the TS-OI (obviously) uses the Application Manager, SequenceFileView Manager and the ExecutionView Manager controls for this purpose.

My challenge arises when I try to load a VI into a control in the TS-OI, since this VI also uses these three controls, and you're only supposed to call them once.

I then read that this is no problem since the TS Engine can be accessed using a simple Automation Refnum to TSUI.IApplicationManager and performing an "Automation Open" command. I can easily place the reference, but I can never open a reference to the Engine since I get the error "Automation Open: Object specified is not creatable in Untitled.vi". Error code 3005.

I'm using LV/TS 2017.

Any suggestions as how to proceed? I need to make these two VIs coexist using the same references to the TS engine, and I'm not sure how to do this.

Any help is appreciated!

-Kim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,630 Views)

HI did you solve the problem ?

bhovhann
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,389 Views)