NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Numeric Limit Test not returning step failure

Solved!
Go to solution

I am calling a Multiple Numeric Limit Test which is checking limits on multiple measurements and the Pass or Fail for each limit is indicated properly in the report. I have selected "Step Failure Causes Sequence Failure" but do not get a sequence failure when one of the measurements fails the limit check. The Main Sequence is calling a sub-sequence which contains the multiple numeric limit test. I have attached a pared down version of my sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,061 Views)

Hi,

Sorry I can load your example as I am running TS 2014.

Your SequenceCall step in MainSequence, does this have the property 'Step Failure Causes Sequence Failure' enabled as well?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,035 Views)

Yes it does have that selection checked.

One thing I have noticed is with TestStand 2016 when the "Step Failure Causes Sequence Failure" box is checked, the text is regular and nothing is indicated in the sequence settings column, but when the box is unchecked, the text goes to BOLD and the sequence settings now indicates "Step Failure Option". This is very confusing as to which one is enabled? Can you please confirm which one is enabling this option. I have tried both however, and the step still indicates a pass even though some of the numeric limit tests have failed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,030 Views)

The setting should be as seen below to cause Sequence to fail

Step Failure setting.png

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NancyfromGD

Also you need to have the actual test steps set the same way as seen below

SEq Failure setting for step.png

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,014 Views)

This info in combination with getting rid of a run-time error has solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,993 Views)