NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Popup Size for Web Pages

Solved!
Go to solution

Using TestStand 3.5 and the Message Popup Step.

I want it to display a web page (On the Options tab, Display Image or Web Page).

I have created the web page and the step and it works, but the dialog box is to big.  There is a lot of dead space around it.  Is there a way to control (through the software) the size of the dialog box.

I have attached the files I have created.

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,054 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChristopherPovey

Unfortunately I believe those are hard coded into the msgbox.dll.  You do have the source code and could rebuild it if you have CVI.  The variable to look for is called STD_MARGIN in the msgbox.c file. I couldn't find a way through the API to change it.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,031 Views)

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your post, unfortunately im not sure how to change the size programatically, it might be possible to force it in HTML. A quick workaround i have found is to screen capture the HTML and save it as a JPEG and use that instead of the HTML file, the dialog box is resized to just the size of the image. I am not sure why images are resized automatically but web pages are not.

Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland

"I've looked into the reset button, the science is impossible!"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,024 Views)

@~jiggawax~ wrote:

Unfortunately I believe those are hard coded into the msgbox.dll.  You do have the source code and could rebuild it if you have CVI.  The variable to look for is called STD_MARGIN in the msgbox.c file. I couldn't find a way through the API to change it.

I cannot change that code without causing myself trouble with validation of our software.  In the end I created a jpg image with the warning in it and referenced that from the message box.  It gives me better control over the size.

Christopher Povey

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,023 Views)

As an asside I also noticed that if you change the background colour or font size of the message box (I changed the background to red and the font size to 1).  It is then applied to all following message boxes that load an image!

See "Colour Issue.seq" in the attachment below.  The 1st message box sets the background colour to Red and the font size to 20.  The 2nd message box background colour and text size is unchanged.  Yet the second one's background is Red too.  If you change the 2nd message box background colour back to the default windows colour it still appears red!

Christopher Povey

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,015 Views)

The Message Box color issue has been fixed in newer versions of TestStand. I tested your sequence with TestStand 4.2.1 and was not able to reproduce the problem you described.

Hope this helps

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,741 Views)