From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Numeric Data from Text File for Numeric Limit Test

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm a brand new TestStand 2014 user.  Just downloaded the demo, successfully ran the computer.dll tutorial & the "Loading Limits From a Text File.seq" example; & am now attempting to build my own sequence from scratch.  I want to load a number from a text file using Property Loader.  The file contains this:

GGbeg
GGend

My Main sequnce contains 2 steps (see attachment):

Property Loader (which reads the text file & should store the number 484 in the variable Step.Result.Numeric, right?)

GG-numeric-test (which should test the number 484 in Step.Result.Numeric as the Data Source, right?)

But when I execute it, the Measurement shows "0" for the value instead of "484".  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for your help!

George

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author funhistory

Hi George,

The text file needs be in the format, property loader step understands. Use the following in the text file to make it work:

GGbeg
<Step Name>    Result.Numeric
GG-numeric-test    484

<Locals>    Variable Value

<FileGlobals>    Variable Value

<StationGlobals>    Variable Value
GGend

In Tools menu of Sequence Editor, there exists "Import/Export Properties" tool, that helps in creating text files to be used with property loader step. I strongly recommend you to create new file using the tool and then edit the file to modify the values.

- Shashidhar

Message 2 of 3
(4,163 Views)

Thank you so much!  I'm now able to adjust the numbers to get the desired results.  It is such a relief to see code work!

George

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,137 Views)