From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView VI monitoring parallel testing sequence

Hello! 

I'm running a parallel testing sequence with up to 8 tests running at the same time. The current situation leads to having 8 different LabView windows monitoring the tests at runtime, which can be messy for the users. The tests run for a great amount of time, and does not start at the same time!

I have managed to create a LabView VI that can import VI modules into subpanels (monitoring VI), so that I can have one window showing 8 different tests.

Is it possible to run this monitoring VI from TestStand and keep running until the 'Exit' button in the parallel UUT input has been clicked? 

I can of course run the VI from only the first execution, but this locks the first execution to not finish until that VI is closed. I can also start the VI manually from LabView, but that is not something I want for the user to handle. 

Regards,

Sindre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,582 Views)

Solved the problem by editing the "Parallel Sequence" file properties, and run the VI from there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,561 Views)