NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Module - Parameters not showing

Solved!
Go to solution

When using the LabVIEW step type and attempting to load any of my VIs that I've made, none of the variables show up as parameters?

As an example I've made a blank VI, placed a few randomly selected items in the VI and then when I go to load into TestStand there's just no parameters avaliable. Is there something I'm missing such as declaring the variables as public or something of that manner?

help.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adam_

You have to connect the controls/indicators to the connector pane in LV. TS simply reads out the same parameter information as LV does when you create and wire a new subVI.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,767 Views)

Thankfully this has solved the issue however I'm unsure as to how...

Is there any documentation/reading information about the 'connector pane' so I can get a better understanding of what's going on?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,762 Views)

This is a pretty basic LV knowledge. Maybe it is useful for you to do some online tutorials or trainings for LV....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,759 Views)

As a new starter to both TestStand and LabVIEW it's safe to assume my LabVIEW knowledge is minimal however I now know which areas to research.

Thanks for your help Norbert.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,749 Views)