NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to start TestStand to automatically load with a custom environment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've created my own TestStand environment file:

Ozfarmboy_0-1602814554790.png

But every time I open TestStand, it defaults to <Global> environment. And I have to open Configure --> Environment to change to my own environment, and press Set Engine Environment, which you then you have to wait for it to basically restart.  It's a time consuming effort every time you want to start TestStand!

Is it possible to change it so that it defaults to using my own custom environment?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,580 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ozfarmboy

Hi Christopher,

I had similar problem and my solution (or rather a workaround) was to change shortcut target to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2019\Bin\SeqEdit.exe" /env "MY PATH TO .tsenv file"

Mateusz Owczarek

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 5
(1,534 Views)

Thanks Mateusz.  Great tip!

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,522 Views)

You're welcome, glad I could help 🙂 

Mateusz Owczarek

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,515 Views)

I had similar problem and my solution (or rather a workaround) was to change shortcut target to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2019\Bin\SeqEdit.exe" /env "MY PATH TO .tsenv file"

This is not a workaround this is actually how NI expects you to do it.  I opened a support ticket with them in the past and this was exactly how they instructed me to do it.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,391 Views)