cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Teststand with IBM RQM

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to set up the "NI Test Integration Adapter for IBM Rational Quality Manager" and thus far the adapter successfully connects to the RQM server but throws an error saying it "Failed to detect NI TestStand" but then proceeds to open TestStand and run the verification sequence once the dialog is closed.  It then shows up as a registed adaptor in RQM but is listed as "Unresponsive".

Has anyone else had this problem, were you able to fix it, and if so how?  Thanks.

- Will

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,619 Views)

Hi Will,

I have not seen this specific problem before, and make no claim to be an expert, by any means!

However, I have set up the Integration Adapter and got it working here. If you post screenshots of your Front Panel Settings, and the four Tools>Configuration screens, I could at least compare them to mine and point out any major discrepencies.

Dan

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by blackburnite

Dan,

It turns out the most recent version fo the adapter does not support the most recent version of TestStand without a bit of a hack job.

From what I can tell, the RQM adapter starts TestStand using either a path or windows registry that is perhaps hardcoded to specific versions of TestStand (just guessing) because when I installed TestStand 2013, I had no problem.

I was actually able to get it to work by using NI's TestStand Engine version selector tool, and setting the active version as 2013.  I then copied the contents of the TS 2014 program directory to that of TS 2013 (after making a backup) so when the adapter goes out and calls TS 2013, it actually launches 2014.

Like I said I'm  guess on the underlying mechanism used by the adapter but it appears to be working as expected.

Ultimately though, it's probably best to just use 2013 until 2014 is technically supported.  

- Will

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,572 Views)

Hmm, that's an interesting "feature".  Luckily I am using TS 2013, so have never had to grapple with this.

Out of curiosity, had you installed TestStand 2014 before you installed the adapter?  (I'm wondering if the adapter's installer goes away and finds the latest version of TS present on the PC at that time, and "hard codes" the path at that point).

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,559 Views)

I had TestStand 2014 installed prior to installing the adpater.  I thought the same thing at first so was looking for a reference to TestStand in the adapter config files.  I couldn't find any so I ended up contacting NI direct who told me of the lack of 2014 support.

Since the adapter did technically start TestStand 2014, but claimed it couldn't find it, I figured the lack of support was simply due to how it verified the presence of TestStand, not neccessarily that it actualy wouldn't work with 2014.

Turns out I was right, but like I said, it's just a guess on my part.

- Will

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,546 Views)

Hi,

I know this is a very old thread, But could you please let me know where I can get adapter name? Or is it a dummy name?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
System Test Architect
Electrical Engineering
JLR
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,288 Views)

You should reach out to ULMA Embedded, who manages that adapter now:

https://www.ulmaembedded.com/en/products/qmtia/pr-2/

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,278 Views)

Hi Rishi,

my name is Yon Asensio.I am the BDM in ULMA EMBEDDED SOLUTIONS. I worked for 19 years in NI and since Jan 2021 I have been working in ULMA. We are IBM and NI partners at the same time.   The name of the TestStand and IBM RQM integration tool is LOTU4ATE. You have a demo video availbale here : LOTU4TE developed by ULMA Embedded Solutions, will help you to improve the traceability of test case...

If you are interested in this tool we can adapt / customize it  according to custoner needs.

My email is yasensio@ulmaembedded.com.  If you are interested, we can set up a videocall so you can share with us  your needs.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,996 Views)