cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install license problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm trying to install TestStand (1st time for me) on a system that already has CVI and many other NI progs working fine. I have a blanket site license for all NI products. I downloaded the installer from ni.com

If I go in the license manager, all is green/licensed for my various products, including TestStand (Base deployment engine / Custom sequence editor / Debug deployment / Development system) but I can't find any details (there's nothing to click)

But when I start teststand it asks between Evaluate / Activate and Purchase. And activating leads to a box with XXXX for serial number for TestStand and I don't know what to do with this. Where are the serial numbers and activation codes supposed to come from if not from the License manager ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,032 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gdargaud

What version of TestStand does your "blanket site license" cover?  And what version did you download?  If you are using a newer version of TestStand and your site licenses is only for a previous version you will see this behavior.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,983 Views)

Yeah, apparently something wasn't right with the license server. It's been updated and it now works. Still, it would be nice to have some kind of message in the license manager letting us know that something is wrong, no ?!?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,691 Views)