NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input value changing when passed from teststand to labview.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I am trying to pass hex value from teststand to my labview VI . When i am running the VI independently by giving value like 00000010 i am getting the expected output of the VI.  But when same value is passed through teststand from local variable , when it reaches VI input it is getting conerted to 000000A0 and so i am getting wrong output.

I am not able to understand how the value is getting changed at the input parameter when it is passed from teststand to labview.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,525 Views)

d10 is xA...

You have to configure your TS variable to be hexadecimal as well.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,522 Views)

I have tried with it. I ahve changed the variable type to Hexa in teststand. But still when i am passing value from teststand to labview it is getting changed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,505 Views)

Can you post a simple example showing this?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,496 Views)

Unfortunately the system on which i have LV and TS does not have internet connection on it. I am accessing it remotely. So i a not able to post the same. Stil I will check if I can do it by some means.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,494 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_user1

I found out the mistake.  I was entering value in the wrong format in teststand.. instead of 0x10 i was entering only 010 and hence was getting converted to A.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,487 Views)