NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a custom sequence load when a new sequence (Ctrl+N) is clicked

Hello,

I have certain fixed steps to be executed for many test sequences at part of Setup and Cleanup group. I have created sequences for each group(init.seq and Release.seq) and called them in another sequence (Template.seq)

If Template.seq opens when I press Ctrl+N, reoccuring activity time can be saved.

I have tried adding Template.seq in Template Tab but that too requires deleting MainSequence(which gets create when Ctrl+N is pressed) and then adding this Template.seq from template tab.

You find the sequence is the attahment

Is there is way to meet this requirement?

Regards,

Anand Trivedi

Application Enigneer

Woodward Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,220 Views)

Anand,

do you refer your question to the NI SequenceEditor or a custom UI with developer capabilities (e.g. full-featured Editor mode)?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,211 Views)

Hello,

I am referring for NI Sequence Editor.

Regards,

Anand Trivedi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,209 Views)

Anand,

there is no way i know of to change the New Sequence File menu bar option to spawn a custom template sequence file instead of an empty one.

What you can do is to provide a tool you add to the TestStand tools menu.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,202 Views)

Norbert,

What I mean is not changes in menu. 

When Ctrl+N is pressed a default blank sequence will open. Instead of that blank sequence is there option to load another sequence, is what I am looking for.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,200 Views)

You could create a menu item which does this either using a process model configuration entry point or a tool menu item, but there is no way to create such an item with a shortcut key, so it's not possible to make Ctrl+N do what you want. You might want to post to the idea exchange to request such a feature.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,195 Views)