cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit test limits programmatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All!

I would like to create a special tool to update sertain test limits in a sequence file from external file automatically.

I have learnt TS API and I have found posibility only to build tree for sequence steps and to get a step type.

And I have found only possibility to edit step limits in dialog window, interactively.

But I want to change limits programmatically without interactive mode use.

Is there such possibility in TestStand API architecture?

Thanks in advance for information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,592 Views)

You still use the API.  The limits are subproperty of a step so as long as you have the reference to the step you can do something like this:

Step.Limits.Low for Numeric Limit Test Type

OR

Step.DataSource for Pass/Fail Test Type

Depends on the test type.

Are you trying to write some sort of editor?  Or what is your goal?

Thanks,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,575 Views)

Thanks a lot Jigg for your replay.

Not, I don'n try to write some editor. More simply.

I try to provide for quality management stuff simply possibility to change some certain limits in the test sequence without sequence editor use.

Changing test limits is the most typical task for test equipment on production line because changing some components under test.

There is large risk to use sequence editor for such purposes because may be suddenly changed other important values.

And navigate through large test sequence to find certain step is very difficult task for people who not deeply knows it.

My idea is extract sertain steps IDs to test report file and then use them in case some limits change.

I want to write some tool to update limits automatically from external data file without sequence editor.

Dear Jigg

When I use sequence editor I can see lookup chain "Step.Limits.Low..." in Variables tab.

But it discover properties for certain selected step.

When I open a sequence file in my programm I navigate through it using methods Sequence->GetStep()  to get some step object.

But I can't see "Limits" in step property list for this object.

I can't find a way to select some step programmatically in SequenceView component to use VariablesView programmatically.

If I simply use LV function Get Property Value then I don't uderstand how to point certain step property for it.

May be I have to get certain sequence context to do it?

Still be waiting your advises

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,564 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author anpis

Now I have understood how to access to step properties from TS API.

I use method "AsPropertyObject" to pass lookup string into step and get asked property value.

I hope it will be enough to solve my task.

Thanks a lot for support.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,550 Views)