From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very strange on tracing function

Hello All,

I have encountered a very strange problem on tracing funciton.

If set the disable tracing on a sequence,I will get a wrong result(all failed),And if enable the fuction,The test result is correct.

Why will get total different result?

Thanks a lot.

BR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,374 Views)

My guess is that you have a timing issue and you need a wait step or too in your code.

What is going on in the sequence?  Can you post a snippit or describe what is going on?

Thanks,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,361 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

We used the HMI built by labview,You can see all the HV test are failed.Normally I didn't simulate any error on product and expect all passed

Then I tried to open the dynamic sequence for debug,And set all the subsequences of "H

IPOT_5_STEPS_3" (sequence call trace settting as "use current trace setting".

Execute the sequence with Teststand,Will get the sequence(HIPOT_5_STEPS_3 is passed)

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,348 Views)

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,347 Views)

The images don't really shed light on anything.  I still think you are dealing with a race condition here.  Tracing slows down TestStand.  Therefore there are slight delays between each step.  This may be enough to cause your code to execute nicely.

If you want tracing desabled during production runs you need to figure out where to strategically place Wait steps with slight delays.

I've ran into the issue where the UUT/DUT needed to settle before sending the next command.  Or where the instrument took some time to realize the command you sent it.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 5 of 7
(4,336 Views)

Setting a new voltage on a PSU typically does not immediately lead to a perfectly stable voltage in the real world. So if you e.g. compare several voltage measurements at different points in time but both very quickly after changing the set point you get into trouble. Maybe that is the source of the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,332 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion,It is fixed by add some delay on communicaiton with instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,285 Views)