cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display current Options in Result Processing window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm preparing custom result processing plugin in TestStand. According to TS help I can use Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression to set Options column in Result Processing window. In this column user can see current settings summary. I want to display report directory path in it, just like in the Simple Text Report example. Unfortunately I'm not able to do this...

I'm using FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.Default.InitializationExpression to set default report path, in plugin specific options, using the following expression:

#NoValidation, ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.ReportOptions.Directory = RunState.Engine.GetTestStandPath(TestStandPath_Public) + "\\Reports"

Next I changed FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.Default.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression into #NoValidation, ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.ReportOptions.Directory which should contains default report path evaluated in InitializationExpression, and this Directory should be displayed in Options column in Result Processing window.

I do not know what I am missing, because it is not working. When I'm using breakpoint in Model Plugin - Configure Standard Options to see the Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression it displays:

#NoValidation, // disable validation because top-level ModelPlugin property exists only at runtime

"<replace the value of FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.Default.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression with a string expression which describes the current options, or with an empty string if your model plugin has no options>"

So it looks like my Default.Base is not copied into Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base 😞

So how to display current Options (at least report path) in Result Processing window? Please help 🙂

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,989 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

OK I figure out what is going on. FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.InitializationExpression is evaluated when I add new instance of plugin using Result Processing -> Insert New. Then each time Result Processing window is shown Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression is evaluated to update Options column.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 2 of 2
(2,965 Views)