From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Variables output to the Test Report

Hi,

I have one sequence with an output variable. i would like to print my output variable value in the test report. 

for ex: my variable name is locals.Voltage and value is 28. i want to add some custom words to it and print in the report like "Input Voltage: 28"

how can i achieve this in teststand.

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,561 Views)

You can use a post expression in the step which acquires the value to set a ReportText.

E.g. Step.Result.ReportText = "Input Voltage: "+Str(Step.Result.Numeric)

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,544 Views)

Hi,

I'd use an "Additional Results" step and configure it as below:

Add1.PNG

This will add the Input Voltage into the report:

Add2.PNG

I hope this helps,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 3 of 5
(3,537 Views)

Thanks for the response.. I have an output variable of ASCII String from LabVIEW VI which I have to print it in the report.

I used the same way as you did.. My Actual output from the VI will have more than 1000 words. but in teststand report it is printing only initial 5 -6 words. it is not printing all the words from LabVIEW VI.

thanks,

Kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,510 Views)

Do you have some special characters after these words? I haven't tested this but things like new line, line break, line feed could stop the plugin to add the text.... (which i wouldn't expect, but other special character could result in that behavior)

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,507 Views)