NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Variables output to the Test Report

Hi,

I have one sequence with an output variable. i would like to print my output variable value in the test report. 

for ex: my variable name is locals.Voltage and value is 28. i want to add some custom words to it and print in the report like "Input Voltage: 28"

how can i achieve this in teststand.

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,568 Views)

You can use a post expression in the step which acquires the value to set a ReportText.

E.g. Step.Result.ReportText = "Input Voltage: "+Str(Step.Result.Numeric)

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,551 Views)

Hi,

I'd use an "Additional Results" step and configure it as below:

Add1.PNG

This will add the Input Voltage into the report:

Add2.PNG

I hope this helps,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 3 of 5
(3,544 Views)

Thanks for the response.. I have an output variable of ASCII String from LabVIEW VI which I have to print it in the report.

I used the same way as you did.. My Actual output from the VI will have more than 1000 words. but in teststand report it is printing only initial 5 -6 words. it is not printing all the words from LabVIEW VI.

thanks,

Kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,517 Views)

Do you have some special characters after these words? I haven't tested this but things like new line, line break, line feed could stop the plugin to add the text.... (which i wouldn't expect, but other special character could result in that behavior)

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,514 Views)