NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add User Defined Execution Entry Point?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Members,

Is it possible to add user defined execution entry point.?

My requirement is ,

I need three execution entry points,which are

1. Single pass
  2. Test UUT
  3. Test Repeatability

The first two are already available in Test stand, I would like add a new execution entry point, which i want to use for repeatability test.

Is anyone worked on same.?

If its not possible ,what would be the alternative method for repeatability test without adding a loop step in my sequence file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VipinrajKK

I don't know how much you know about TestStand and Process Models but before answering your question, I would point out 2 references (you can certainly find more):

Process Model Theory and Process Model Development and Customization.

You need to open the process model you use, like SequentialModel.seq. You can open the Process Model sequence that is currently selected simply by double-clicking on the "Model: " box in the status bar at the bottom of the TestStand Sequence editor window. Or you can navigate to "Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 20XX\Components\Models\TestStandModels" and open the model you want.

Then, in the Sequence Pane, you can cut and paste one of the entry points and modify it to meet your need. Or you can create one from scratch by right-clicking and selecting "Insert Sequence". Then right-click, select Sequence properties, go to the model tab and select "Execution Entry Point".

It is highly recommended that you save a copy of the modified Process Model, preferably in TestStand Public directory: "<TestStand Public>\Components\Models.

Marc Dubois
Message 2 of 5
(2,871 Views)

Dear MarcDub,

Thanks for the reply.

I m intermediate level in Teststand. I will go through the link you shared and try the method suggested and update you.

Vipinraj KK Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,867 Views)

Hello Marc,

Its working,I followed the same you mentioned in your reply. Now i can see three execution entry points in Teststand .

forum.png

Thank you verymuch.

Is it possible to assign a shortcut key for this.

Vipinraj KK  Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,813 Views)

I don't think that you can assign an additional shortcut for your "Test Repeatability" entry point. However, the F5 and Ctrl-F5 shortcuts are assigned to the first and second entry points in the sequence pane of the process model. If you move "Test Repeatability" in the sequence pane so that it becomes the first or second entry point, the F5 or Ctrl-F5 will be assigned to it.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,793 Views)