NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Step Into .NET Assembly from TestStand

I have written a C# code module in Visual Studio .NET 2003 that I'm calling from a TestStand v3.1 sequence file. I would like to know how to set it up so I can step into the C# source code from the TestStand sequence editor. The TestStand Reference Manual says I need to have Measurement Studio 7 or later installed (I do). Then it says I need to create my C# assembly with "debugging enabled", and that I need to launch the Sequence Editor from Visual Studio .NET or attach to the Sequence Editor from Visual Studio .NET. I need step by step instructions on how to accomplish this. HELP!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,142 Views)
Hello,

I have just created a simple test for myself and was successfully able to step into my .NET assemble. Here are the steps:

1) Make sure that the project is build in debug mode (as opposed to release).
2) When you specify the module in TestStand, make sure to click on the source code tab also and select all the appropriate files.
3) Put a breakpoint on the TestStand step.
4) During execution, when you are break on that step, select the "step into" debugging option.

This will automatically open up Visual Studio .NET and step into the code that you just called from TestStand. It may take a minute or two before it allows you to debug in Visual Studio. Then you can debug as usual and step out of the assembly when you are done to continue executing in TestStand.

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. I hope you find this information helpful. Take care and good luck!

Regards,

Aaron B.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(3,131 Views)