NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I browse an OPC Server's Namespace with Teststand ActiveX Steps?

Hello

I use Teststand as the client of an OPC Connection. At the Moment I'm trying to realize an browse funktionality by using the "OPC Automation 2.0" automation server in the

ActiveX adapter.

What I can create is the OPCBrowse object by using the "CreateBrowser" method. But then there's no method to browse the OPC server's namespace for the ItemID's.

Does someone have an idea how I can go on further?

thx, Michael   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,617 Views)

Hello Michael,

I was able to access properties and methods from the "OPC Automation 2.0" object via ActiveX in Teststand.

Please configure your step in Teststand as shown in the attached screenshot.

I hope this helps.

Ulrich

AE NICER 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,566 Views)

Hello Ulrich

Thx for your help, but I still have problems creating a browser functionality. I'm using the Teststand 3.1 version. I was able to create an OPCBrowser-object.

I think that there are some commands missing, for  example a "ShowLeafs - method" or a "branches - method" or something like that. Can it be true that

the 3.1 version of TS is restricted in this regard and that the OPC DA Automation Interface spex is only fractionally included?

greets Michael 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,533 Views)

For your information, there is a new TestStand Add-on "OPC DA Connect" which adds a StepType Palette dedicated to OPC Data Access.

You can configure each step by browsing the OPC servers on your network and browsing variables within these servers.

The browsing functionnality that you where looking for as been implemented in this toolkit.

Hoping this helps.

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,917 Views)