NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data access in Teststand/LabVIEW through OPC connection

We are using TestStand 2.0 and LabVIEW6.2 and following problem occurs when accessing the datas from UUT through OPC.
For the first UUT i get the measurement datas but starting the next UUT causes a system hang up. The corresponding LabVIEW VI stops at the connect to the OPC Server it doesn't read the selected item. Only with LabVIEW there is no problem launching OPC data access for multiple times. Does anyone have expierence with this configuration: TestStand-LabVIEW-OPC?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,176 Views)
Hello,

I assumed you are using DataSocket. How you are trying to access the OPC server? Are you polling one value at a time or accessing all ofthem at the same time with multiple calls to Datasocket Read? I tested with with NIDAQ OPC server and reading values using TestStand and LabVIEW and it worked fine. I tested with only one channel data.

Roberto Piacentini
National Instruments.
Message 2 of 3
(3,176 Views)

For your information, there is a new TestStand Add-on "OPC DA Connect" which adds a StepType Palette dedicated to OPC Data Access.

You can configure each step by browsing the OPC servers on your network and browsing variables within these servers.

This toolkit has free deployment licence.

Hoping this helps.

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,423 Views)