NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a ".Net" string for an object reference

I am using a .Net assembly in the TestStand. All I am doing in the very fist pass/fail test is load the assembly, select a class, select a method to be called, check off the Create Object box, create a local variable of type object reference and put it in the object reference field. When I run it, the TestStand crashes. I put a breakpoint at the beginning of the step and added my object reference variable to the watch view. I see that it gets set to ".Net".  Has anyone seen this behavior? The developer of the dll swears it must be the TestStand issue. How do I check in the TestStand what the constructor returned?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,866 Views)

Lightbulb,

It looks like you posted a similar question that was answered here » http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=23654#M23654

Richard S -- National Instruments -- (former) Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,843 Views)

Well, in reality, it hasn't been answered yet. One thing i figured out since i posted my questions was getting a ".NET" for an object reference is not an issue. I wrote a simple program in .Net myself and created my own .dll. I loaded the dll, checked off CreateObject, selected constructor Rect (int , int), passed params 5 and 6 to it, created a local variable of type Object Reference and put it in the Object Reference Field, then called method area().

I also get a ".NET for the Object Reference, but the function was called and it returned 30, which is 5 * 6 as expected.

The question that still remains is HOW DO I USE THE OBJECT REFERENCE FROM THIS STEP to use in the second step when i want to call the second method of the same class, subtractHeightFromWidth();

Here is the .Net code,

public class Rect {

public int width;
        public int height;

public Rect()
        {
            return;
        }

public Rect (int w, int h) {
            width = w;
            height = h;
        }