NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetDimensionSizes of an Array is returning 0 wrongly

Hi,

I have an Array of Clusters in my VI whose datatype is as in the below image. I have used this in a Custom Step in my sequence and passing value from the TestStand Local to this LabVIEW control. (Have created a custom type for the control & created a local for it). Now when I try to get the dimension of the Outer_Array[0].Inner_Array it gives 0 while the local has 2 array elements in it. When I checked for Property Exists it returned true. This dimension is returned wrongly only for the Inner_Array, the Outer_Array dimension works fine. Please help me with solving this issue.

Array of Cluster.png

Thanks,
Priyadarsini S
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,834 Views)

Is the data structure on the teststand side correct, but then the cluster inside the VI has the wrong number of elements?

Could you attach an example which reproduces the problem? (perhaps an empty VI with a cluster setup similarly to your use case)

You likely need a separate teststand type for the elements of your nested array and then that array should be an array of that new teststand type. Also, the new teststand type should be configured properly for LabVIEW cluster passing.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,812 Views)