NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of 'Watch Expressions'

Hi all,

I'm debugging my program using TestSTand 3.1 + CVI 7.1.

I've added some watch expressions using the 'Add Watch Expression'. It seems to slow down the execution and I wish to remove them all.

How do I do that?

Thanks
Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,621 Views)
Hi,

Just highlight them and delete them. Not sure if they is a setting, or menu item to clear watched items. Dont recall seeing one.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,618 Views)
Rafi -
In the sequence editor, you can display the Edit Breakpoints/Watch Expressions dialog box by selecting "Edit>>Breakpoints/Watches...". You can then delete all watches.
Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 5
(3,606 Views)

Hello,

it seems there is no possible way to get rid of "watch expressions" on labwindows CVI 13 evaluation version:

You cannot highlite many watch expressions only one by one, which is long to erase when many

The Edit Menu doesn't offer "edit breakpoints/watch expression dialog box" and didn't find a "sequence editor menu"

thanks for help

Raph78

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,138 Views)

Hey Raph,

You might want to post this question on the LabWindows/CVI forum. This forum thread is in reference to watch expressions in TestStand, which explains why some of the menus are not available in your software. The users over on the CVI board should have some suggestions for you to help solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,132 Views)