NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Actions after Test Stand Report is generated

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, I'm relatively new to interacting with the process model so I may be asking an obvious question, though I didn't see a relevant post in the forum.

I want to call some .sh scripts for test stand to run after it has generated a report. The scripts it will call are going to move/manipulate the report a bit, mostly just relocating the report to a configurable location on the machine. I want to do this so it can be inherited by anyone in my organization who happens to have access to these scripts. Is there any learning material that I can view to help do this?

If this is a quick "just create an action after `this` step" I'm happy to talk it out here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(179 Views)

Add a PostUUT callback to your sequence.  In the callback, iterate over the Parameters.ModelPluginConfiguration.Plugins and do whatever you need to do with each report plugin.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(157 Views)

Thank you for the reply. What's tripping me up is the `NI_ReportGenerator.seq`. I would like to understand when TestStand actually "releases" the report file.

SlightlySnide_0-1724264984020.png

I believe its this subsequence. But I can't figure out where in the sequence model `NI_ReportGenerator.seq` is actually called.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SlightlySnide

I want to call some .sh scripts for test stand to run after it has generated a report. The scripts it will call are going to move/manipulate the report a bit, mostly just relocating the report to a configurable location on the machine. I want to do this so it can be inherited by anyone in my organization who happens to have access to these scripts.

Based on your primary requirement, the best place to do this is in PostUUT. The report plugin will have released the reports at that time and not be writing to the files anymore.

Message 4 of 4
(130 Views)