From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute Test UUTs programmatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

I want to execute a parallel test on 2 UUTs in teststand.

In normal cases we enter serial number of UUTs and click on "Ok" button (In UUT Information box) to start the test.

but now I need  to start the test through pressing a push button ( I have the modbus connection via my PLC and teststand and I can read the push button status via Teststand) But I don't know how to access to the Ok" button programmatically..

ericmateovisan_1-1613549854359.png

Thank you in advance
Eric.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,202 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ericmateovisan

What I would do is replace the PreUUT callback with custom code that prompts the user for the two serial numbers.  Another code module would then prompt the user to press the button while polling the button status.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,164 Views)

Hello Eric,

Refer to the shipping examples: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsexamples/infotopics/executing_sequences_using...

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 3 of 4
(1,160 Views)

Thank you for replies 🙂 

I get that it's possible to delete the default code in different file CallBacks in teststand and replace them with custom code. 

also checking the examples in the directory of the teststands help a lot to understand the general concept

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2019 (64-bit)\Examples\Modifying Process Models\Overriding Model Callbacks - Parallel Model

Message 4 of 4
(1,141 Views)