NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError Run Before SequenceFilePostStep?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to implement some basic custom run-time error handling in which I retry a step a certain number of times before I throw up the gray TestStand Run Time Error dialog. I want to accomplish this by canceling the error if a FileGlobal called ErrorIterations is less than 3. Otherwise, I will let the error pass through SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError and throw up the dialog box. My question is if I want to reset this file global after each successful step, can I reset FileGlobals.ErrorIterations to 0 at SequenceFilePostStep? Or does this step run before SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError?

Which Runs First?Which Runs First?

SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeErrorSequenceFilePostStepRuntimeErrorSequenceFilePostStepSequenceFilePostStep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,897 Views)

sequenceFilePostStep runs. If there is an error in the Step’s Result.Error then SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError is invoked.

if the Step fails then SequenceFilePostStepFailure is invoked.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,877 Views)

I think I understand but for clarification are you saying that each of them runs exclusively? For example, if SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError runs, then SequenceFilePostStepFailure and SequenceFilePostStep do not run at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,871 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author evaneer

No the SequenceFilePostStep runs then depending on a failure or error which relevant sequence runs next.

there is an execution chart in the manual.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 6
(2,868 Views)

Thanks for pointing me in this direction, it looks like SequenceFilePostStep DOES NOT run when the error callback is initiated. Thank you!

Engine Callbacks from http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373435e.pdfEngine Callbacks from http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373435e.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,864 Views)

It depends at what point the error occurs. It occurs in you step or after it then the yes it does. If it’s before your step run then no it doesn’t.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,861 Views)