From Friday, Oct 18th 11:00 PM CDT (Saturday, Oct 19th 4:00 AM UTC) through Saturday, Oct 19th 4:30 PM CDT (Saturday, Oct 19th 9:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom return from step to other step to point where it called

Hi,

I have sequence A: Sequence A calls Sequence B, Sequence B call sequence C.

I want to interrupt C at some point BUT return to A (not B that called C) and continue execution at A.

I tried to understand how to do it with Runstate.caller but did not success int it...maximum that i success

to return to A (by calling that sequence from C) but it started from the start - I need it from the point that A called B ...e.g. continue the A execution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,055 Views)

Better explanation perhaps:

i need to jump for main sequence BUT to the point where it called the other sequence and continue the execution form the NEXT step,e.g. in other words it like have pointer at "parent" sequence and if something happens i want to break the execution of "child sequence" and return exactly to the next step of execution of "parent" sequence to continue the execution.

I tried to call "sequence call but it unfortunately start the "parent" sequence from the beginning...

Thank you, Yuri

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,032 Views)

attached the picture

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,029 Views)

Attached sequence that i talked about + explanation 

Flow is Flow.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,023 Views)

Hello yemelian:

Let me see all the information that you upload. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,005 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,986 Views)

Hi,

I saw it, but it is other thing. I wrote about jumping fro custom place between sequences and at that place talking about threads... different topic.

Anyway thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,982 Views)

I found a workaround:

Runstate.Caller.Cleanup=TRUE

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,943 Views)