cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Step From Multiple Numeric Limit Test | Hiding Limit Tab

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Custom step from Multiple Numeric Limit Test. The custom step by itself poplulates the Limits value from the measurement. So I am planning on hiding the Limits Tab in the step settings. Can someone guide me on how to do this ?

Thanks,

Prasaanthan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,345 Views)

Prasaanthan,

if you do not need the Edit Substep at all, you can delete it from the substep list.

Keep in mind that TS gains a lot by using very focused modules. So including a module which does two things (taking measurements, populating limits) might beckfire one day result in "difficult to manage" applications.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,341 Views)

Norbert,

Will removing the edit substep hide the Limits Tab in step Settings ??

Thanks,

Prasaanthan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,339 Views)

To hide the Limits and/or Data Source tabs for your step type, edit the NI_Data.EditPanels array on your step type. Remove the elements that correspond to the tabs you want to hide.

Message 4 of 6
(3,327 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Prasaanthan

Make sure that you have checked the "Show hidden properties" checkbox in the StationOptions >> Preferences. Otherwise, you will never find the array Erik refers to.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 5 of 6
(3,320 Views)

Thanks Erik and Norbert.

I was able to succesfully hide the limits Tab. As Norbert mentioned we need to check the "Show hidden properties" for NI_Data.EditPanels to be listed. Once we remove the entry correspondig to the limits Tab, we need to restart Test stand for the changes to happen in the custom step.

Regards,

Prasaanthan

Message 6 of 6
(3,237 Views)