cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could teststand load old version seq file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Sir,

I get some old seq, maybe coding with teststand 4, i try to run with teststand 2022:

1. asked me to save the old version, so newer version cannot run the old version directly ?

2. report some error as below, the dll is there, not sure why ?

Brzhou_0-1679744701255.png

Besides this, how to customize the GUI for production operator ?

Thanks.

Learning from other people
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(887 Views)

See Migrating to the Current Version of TestStand to migrate from TestStand 4 to a later version.

See TestStand User Interface Development Best Practices to learn more about creating custom OI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(862 Views)

Sorry, my sequence file should be teststand 2014 or above, checked your link:

Brzhou_0-1679802195008.png

I am wondering, so need migrate them seperately, could not just migrate the seq file ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(845 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brzhou

I looked at the error information. The TestStand is throwing an error when trying to load a DLL. Most likely the DLL is compiled for 32-bit. Try to use TestStand 32-bit instead.

Message 4 of 7
(826 Views)

Okay, so normally the dll is compatible with different teststand version, but not for 32bit and 64bit both, right ?

Maybe that is the problem, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(822 Views)

A DLL can be compiled for 32-bit or 64-bit. An executable too. And Microsoft specifically and explicitly decided to not repeat the mistake when going from Windows 3.1 to Windows NT/95 and try to support a 16-bit to 32-bit thunking layer for user applications. They do have that internally (the SysWOW64 subsystem in which all 32-bit applications run on a 64-bit OS) but went to great lengths to make that subsystem completely inaccessible for user applications to avoid having programmers try to go around the clear cut that 32-bit software only can be executed in 32-bit applications and 64-bit only in a 64-bit application.

That 16-bit to 32-bit thunking layer back then was a total mess and absolutely unsupportable in the long run. You ended up having to write assembly code anyhow in most cases, so it was simply mostly useless. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(817 Views)

Thanks for your info, Sir.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(809 Views)