NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster from vi to TS and viceversa

Goodmorning,

I have several problems with the SCT_Thread.vi in the SCT measure sequence. Let’s start with the two arrays given as output from the vi. I was used to create them in teststand and use them freely, but if later on I discovered that as parameters, they must be initialized for being used without runtime errors. Then the important issues start with the cluster that I use as input. First of all: is there a best practice to pass variables between vi call and TS sequence? In particular, is good to create cluster for inputs when they are a lot for the vi? When I create the L step for the first time I filled the different parameters, at the first run of the sequence an error arises saying that the default of some input was not found. I checked everything but it was all ok. So, a warning appears near the vi path in the step setting informing that the type can’t match, since the vi clusters have some enumeration variable, I decide to create the different requested type in teststand. All seems to work fine but now every time I run the sequence I have a pop-up, since the one attached here, which warns that a variable in the cluster can’t be find but I don’t understand why. Moreover, if I delete the vi-call step and the custom type variables from the sequence file, when I call the SCT_Thread.vi, TS can’t load its prototype.

I have tried to summarize my problems, since during the attempts to solve the warning, I have encountered different type of errors, but now I’m at a dead end. I don’t understand where is the problem and how to solve it, furthermore I can’t find any white papers on the best practice about passing data between TS and LV and the difference on how they manage data.

One last thing, I have noticed that the Enum variables saved as custom type are no longer passed as Enum list but only as a number even if the type is correctly assigned. Notice the difference between the step setting pane (without the list in which choose the element) and the custum type.

Thank you for the attention and for the help!

Best Regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(589 Views)