cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripts are usually safe popup when opening XML reports

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Whenever I open an XML report generated by TestStand internet explorer throws me two popups. This happens for all the individual logfiles and frankly its quite annoying, so I'd like to get rid of it. I've googled this subject and found two tips:

1. Enable "Active scripting" in the internet security settings

2. Disable "Allow websites to prompt for information using scripted windows" in the internet security settings

Did both, no change. I know for sure that there is a fix as I have done it years ago, but cant recall.

Any ideas?

thx!

1984_0-1656397403701.png

1984_1-1656397444502.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,193 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1984

This is IE thing right?

If I remember correctly, options -> advanced -> allow active content to run in files on my computer.

Message 2 of 6
(1,163 Views)

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks. BTW is it possible to open these logs in Chrome / FF etc? Looks like an odd limitation that it can be displayed only in IE.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,157 Views)

I have not found a way to open those reliably with another browser. XML format is not too good anyway (why is it even default format..) when you want to send these reports to someone else, since they would need stylesheets to correct path.

I would just configure results processing to HTML and no problems opening with whatever browser you want. Some features are lost though, but I would still prefer this in case you are not doing any data handling with those XML files.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,152 Views)

Yeah, I dont use XML either, it just that I have to work with a legacy station. Thx for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,143 Views)

Hi 1984

Maybe this thread will help you to deal with IE in the future:
https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Report-options-with-IE-11-retirement/td-p/4230346

Best Regards
Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,135 Views)