NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications about the TestStand vs wpf c# architecture

Good morning,
I'm a programmer and I develop my applications in WPF C#. my validation colleagues have asked me to be able to interface with TestStand so that they can program test sequences. I need to understand what I have to develop so that they can write the test sequences and I can execute them in my application. How do the two applications talk to each other? Thanks for the help.

Beppe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(549 Views)

Hi,

If your application is a exe then from TestStand you can call the exe but i beleive that will not help much and that is not the intention of this question.

You will need to build your application as a DLL so that it can be easily called in the TestStand.

How to go about this :

Make your code modular...divide into different functions.Create a DLL.

From TestStand your validator will call this functions one by one to complete the test application.

For validation he will feed different values including some negative values to this function.

In TestStand examples you will find some .NET examples which should help you to start.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2021 (32-bit)\Examples\Demos\Computer Motherboard Test\DotNET

Ravi

Message 2 of 4
(509 Views)

Hi Ravi,
Thank you for the explanation. Now the scenario is clearer to me.

I have to create a DLL to interface with TestStand, which I can design in such a way that a function consumed by TestStand raises an event in my main application...
Now I look at some examples that you have shown me.
Thank you so much.

Beppe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(477 Views)

Ah, with C#, exe also can be loaded in Teststand, such as a Console application...You just need to select the file load format in the DLL load dialog.

One more thing, C# Class and method must be public to be found and called by Teststand, If you don't specify it, it defaults to private, so you will can't find the Class or method you want to call.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(464 Views)