cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Method to communicate with GUI (exe) and TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

Can anyone suggest an alternative method to communicate with TestStand and GUI(exe). Here I don't want to use user messages as I will be running the sequence from TestStand sequence executer.

I tried to use network published variables to transfer real time data (latest value) from LabVIEW exe to TestStand code module. Is there any better method to send commands from TestStand to LabVIEW.

-Vipin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vipin@AMP

Use TCP to send and receive data between exe

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(896 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vipin@AMP

You can also use TestStand synchronisation objects like queues or notifications. There are even LabVIEW wrapper's for it somewhere on the internet. It is possible to exchange information between processes using them.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 3 of 3
(864 Views)