NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After adding an asynchronus seq call, can't restart if paused

I added an asynchronus seq call to my working sequence, but now if TestStand pauses for any reason, the Restart arrow won't light up.  I have to kill the asynchronus vi for the Restart arrow to light up.  Any ideas why this is happening?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,926 Views)
I am unsure of what you mean.  Do you mean you're using a thread sequence call? You mentioned an asynchronous VI.  Do you mean an asynchronous sequence call?  The restart button only appears once the execution has completed.  Did you mean the resume button?  Your execution will "pause" until LabVIEW returns control to TestStand.  TestStand will hang until the VI returns. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,910 Views)

Let me explain in more detail.  I have a mostly working sequence, and added a "Run VI Asynchronously" step.  This launches the VI in a new thread, while the rest of the sequence continues running as before.  But now if I pause to look at an error (I'm still debugging the test sequence), the restart button will not light up and I can't continue.  This should not be the case, since the thread I've stopped is the one I want to continue, not the new thread.  This also doesn't happen on my co-workers test set when he does the same thing, i.e. run a new thread.

More background info, in case this helps, the Asynchronous VI is running on the same PC, but calls a vi on a remote PC.  Would it matter if I changed it to an Step that called the VI remotely in a new thread?  Logically this is the same thing, but maybe it executes a little differently?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,906 Views)
I have it working now.  I changed it from a remote asynchronus VI call, to a local asynchronous VI call, where the VI did the remote call.  Both should work the same way, but it's working so I'm happy. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,878 Views)