cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader step to load all limits in all sequences in a Seq File

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a Seq file. There are many sequences in this file. I can export all the limits in all the sequences in this file to an Excel file.

My question is how do I import all the limits in all the sequences in this file using Property Loader step. I have attached a sample seq file below (TS3.5 version). Please show me an example to do that (Either *.seq or screenshots are appreciated.)

From the link below, it shows that to import limits into each sequence, there must be a Property Loader step in each sequence to load the limits for that specific sequence. But this is troublesome and not efficient as the same step is executed repeatedly.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&requireLogin=False&thread.id=6522

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,606 Views)

Hi,

You should be able to select ALL Sequence File from the PropertyLoader dialog panel.

Following the help instructions for the Property Loader as it states....
Use Current Sequence File—Selects the file where the step is located.
  • Sequence—Specifies the name of the sequence into which to import variables and properties. The specified sequence must exist in the specified sequence file. Select the <ALL SEQUENCES> tag from the drop-down list to instruct TestStand to import variables and properties for all of the sequences in the specified sequence file. You must specify a valid sequence name for the step to work properly.
  •  

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
    Ray Farmer
    0 Kudos
    Message 2 of 5
    (3,597 Views)

Hi Famer,

What you are referring is using Property Loader dialog panel. But I want to do it using Property Loader step type. I do not want to do it manually in the dialog panel. I want to do it programmatically using Property Loader step type.

Hope this clarify my question.

Thank you & Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
    Message 3 of 5
    (3,579 Views)
    Solution
    Accepted by topic author ltok

Hi,

The Dialog Panel I was referring about is the Edit Property Loader (see attached). Generally, you use this after you have inserted a PropertyLoader Step Type into the sequence to setup the PropertyLoader step statically. General you would set most of the properties statically and then change one or two of the properties programmatically. Unless ofcourse you are generating the whole sequencefile programmatically.

The Properties you would need to setup would be Step.Sequence = "<All Sequences>" but also you would need to set Step.UseCurrentSequenceFile = True.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Edit Property Loader

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 04-03-2009 07:24 PM
    Regards
    Ray Farmer
    0 Kudos
    Message 4 of 5
    (3,565 Views)

Hi Ray,

My computer was down for a few days. Now then I am able to try out with your solution.

Thank you so much. I missed that out. It works.

Once again, thank you so much.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
    Message 5 of 5
    (3,542 Views)