cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred while installing a package

Solved!
Go to solution

When upgrading from LabVIEW 2019 to 2020 I got the following error:

An error occurred while Installing a package: ni-daqmx-runtime-core (20.0.0.49152-0+f0)

Now I get the same error after uninstalling all NI software and installing LabVIEW 2019. LabVIEW 2017 installs and works normally.

I tried install connected and disconnected from network - same error either way.

Everything works normally on my home computer when installing LabVIEW 2020 and LabVIEW NXG 5.0

error log attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfrosty

Solution was to wipe out laptop and re-install windows 10, LabVIEW 2020, and LabVIEW NGX 5.0. Everything now works normally.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,062 Views)

Yikes! 

I'm having a similar problem and REALLY hope that's not the only solution! Glad you fixed it. 

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,803 Views)

Getting this error:

An error occurred while installing a package: ni-package-manager-deployment-support (22.5.0.49189-0+f37)

Additional error information:
An error occurred while installing the MSI at 'ni-package-manager-deployment-support.msi'.

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 so this CANNOT be the only solution. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,609 Views)

Can you retry with logging activated? An installation log makes diagnosis far more easy.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,602 Views)

In particular, please enable and post the MSI logs here. Here's how to enable and find those logs:
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHe6CAG&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,584 Views)

Just stumbled upon this topic when trying to fix this issue when installing NI-DAQmx 2023 Q2 on a Win10 64bit system.

In my case this was solved by finding / removing all "National Instrument" entries in the registry editor.

No need to wipe / re-install Windows in my case.

I thought my system was "NI-virgin" but it appeared there were some left-overs from a previous install which I forgot about 😉 Apparently this was interfering with the installer.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,494 Views)

Did you just delete the "National Instruments" folder under the registry editor?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,930 Views)

Within the registry editor, I did a search on "National Instruments" and removed all related entries and folders.

I cannot recall if this was restricted to one folder.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,705 Views)