NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Installer for Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been trying to install Labview for a couple of days now. Every time I download the file and run the installer I get this error message. 

I have deleted all filed and called NI and they say that all is good on their end. I have a windows 10, plenty of space on my laptop and most primary Softwares installed. 

Please help.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(4,499 Views)

We probably need more information than that.

• What file did you download? (if it is an ISO, how did you mount it?)
  • What files did you delete? (just the download? Clear the temp folder? etc.)
  • What is your OS version (version, bitness, etc.)?
  • What else is installed? Any NI products?
  • Do you have admin rights?
  • Any unusual antivirus or other security software running?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(4,487 Views)

The file was called ni-labview-2020-x.....exe. What seemed odd is that it is around a 5 MB file but it downloads unusually quickly. It downloads in less than a second whereas usually, such files take about 3 to 5 seconds to download.

I cleared everything. Uninstalled, cleared temp and all.

I have a 64 bit Windows 10. I tried to download the 32 bit and 64 bit version of the software and got the same problem both times. 

I do not have any other NI programs installed. I tried to install this earlier but ran out of space. So the installation stopped. I cleared all the files. Uninstalled what was leftover from the control panel. Deleted temp.

I have admin rights

All my security software is disabled. 

What is odd is that it worked the first time but is not this time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(4,474 Views)

Well, that primary download is just for the NI package manager. Does it show up under installed software?

(Maybe we should move this discussion to the NIPM forum. Let me know and I can move it for you.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(4,414 Views)

It does not show up under installed software. And sure you can move it to that forum. What is that forum?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(4,405 Views)

(Moved thread to the NIPM forum because NIPM is generating that error.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(4,393 Views)

Have you tried the offline installer? It is available on the NI.com Download Page and it should be the full 30+GB download that includes everything.

2020-05-20_13h05_36.png

Message 7 of 22
(4,371 Views)

OKay so I did that and the entire 30 something GB file downloaded but it still gives me the same error message!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,349 Views)

I would try running the NIPM 20.0 offline installer first and see if that helps to get the install working.

Message 9 of 22
(4,335 Views)

Okay so I did not get that error message this time. But I got this instead.

AnonymousCode_1-1590077896910.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(4,314 Views)